Friday, April 12, 2013

Meet My Dog: Sambo Drake

This is my dog.
He's my best friend.

We adopted our dog in December of 2011.  My brother had been wanting a dog for the longest time after our two previous dogs had passed away.  We had heard that the animal shelter for the city was going to be at Tractor Supply one Saturday for adoption day. We walked in and we immediately saw these big brown eyes staring at us.  My brother walked up and this dog named "Spike" jumped on him and licked him all over. He was so happy.   We found out that Spike was going to be put down that following Monday. He had two days to live if he didn't find an owner, because of overcrowding at the shelter. We took him home as fast as we could.

To make a long story short, our new dog "Sambo" (renamed after my late grandfather), has put so much happiness into our lives. He brightens up your day with a wag of his tail, or just the touch of his paw. 

Here are some snapshots of my precious puppy.

Here is Sambo. He's obviously excited to take pictures with me.
He loves attention.
He's not eating my face; I promise.
He likes to pose.
He wears bow ties. Because bow ties are cool.
He smiles with his teeth at the sight of a tennis ball.
He knows when he's been bad ... How can you resist that face?

And my favorite....

He's a diva.






5 comments:

  1. Awwwwwww!!!! He is such a cute dog!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sambo appears to be the perfect combination of cute and companionship. It was a really wonderful thing to save him so he can give you guys many more years of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your feature about Sambo was very well written. You will lose marks however for not adhering to the requirements for total number of words.

      Grades 94

      Delete
  3. I think this is a really a heart touching post.Your dog is lovely you should be just as proud as I am of you for saving such a beautiful harmless dog, who is bring you and your family joy and happiness.

    ReplyDelete